Best Fermented Banana Bread Recipe
In these crazy corona virus times baking is a great way to pass the time. I had bananas that were way too ripe and I didn’t want them to go to waste, so I made water kefir fermented banana bread with them. I fermented cardamom infused West Fork Water Kefir with bananas for 3 hours or so. It turned out to be the best banana bread I’ve ever had. The key I think is baking the banana bread in a 12” x 7” baking pan. You know the one you usually cook brownies in. Anyway I’m hooked. So I’ll get into it.
Supplies you’ll need:
* mason jar with a lid.
* Carda Beer Water Kefir or kombucha
* 12” x 7” baking pan
* medium-sized mixing bowl
* mixing spoon, whisk or large fork
* 1/8 C Honey or brown sugar (optional)
* 3 TBSP Coconut oil or butter
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 - 2/3 C Carda Beer Water Kefir or kombucha
* 3/4 C oats
* 3 - 4 bananas
* 1/2 C Einkorn flour
* 1/2 C Almond flour
* 1/4 C Rice flour
(You can use whatever mix of flour you like. Experiment & use what you have.)
* 1/2 TSP salt
* 1/2 TSP cinnamon
* 1/4 TSP ginger powder
* 1/4 TSP baking soda
* Heaping 1/2 C chopped almonds
1) Chop 3 bananas & place in a mason jar. Pour Carda Beer Water Kefir or kombucha in with the bananas. Put on the lid, shake and let it ferment out on the counter for 3 hours or let it ferment slowly in the fridge over night.
2) 3 Hours later or the next morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) Grease pan w. coconut oil or butter.
4) Melt butter or coconut oil in pan, pour in medium sized bowl and mix with brown sugar or honey.
5) Add 2 eggs to oil/sugar & mix thoroughly
6) Add fermented bananas & water kefir in the medium sized mixing bowl.
7) Add oats and let sit for about 5 minutes to soften the oats.
8) Add the rest of the flour, salt & baking soda in the same mixing bowl & mix it
9) Add chopped almonds & mix.
10) Bake for 30-35 minutes till golden brown.
11) Remove from oven, let it sit, eat and enjoy!
This is seriously the best banana bread recipe and the best part is you really can’t mess it up! Thanks for baking and stay healthy folks!